When most people think of Brussels sprouts, they turn up their noses. This recipe will change your entire opinion of this unfairly unliked vegetable. Made with raw honey from Hawaii, these Brussels sprouts are anything but bitter, and as always, they are chock full of nutrients to keep you in good health.
To make a delicious batch of Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts, you need:
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts (smaller ones tend to be sweeter)
- 1/2 cup good quality, extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey from Hawaii
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (more if you like your food extra spicy)
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- Wash the Brussels sprouts well, and then use a sharp knife to cut away their bases. Cut each sprout in half. If working with large Brussels sprouts, you may want to cut them in quarters.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, and Sriracha sauce in a mixing bowl. Using a whisk, stir until the ingredients are uniformly combined.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the vinegar mixture, and stir to coat them evenly.
- Pour the sprouts onto a baking sheet, and add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the remaining vinegar mixture over the sprouts.
- Roast the sprouts in a 400 degree F oven for approximately 20 – 30 minutes. They’re finished roasting when they are browned and caramelized. Serve while warm.
These Brussels sprouts are a delicious dish to serve at any family dinner or gathering. Make sure you use raw honey from Hawaii’s Local Buzz for best results. All of our honey is made by bees on the Big Island of Hawaii. It’s never filtered or pasteurized, so it’s as natural as can be. Visit us to learn more about our products.