In the hot summer months, a fresh salad can really hit the spot. For the tastiest salad around, try using this homemade Honey Lime Vinaigrette dressing atop of your greens. It’s tangy, refreshing, and healthy, especially when made with our raw honey from Hawaii.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (you will need about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup Spanish or Italian olive oil (the higher the quality of the oil, the better your dressing will taste)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, or 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- a pinch of pepper
The easiest way to make this dressing is in a blender or food processor. Simply toss all of the ingredients, except for the oil, inside. Blend until smooth, and then continue blending as you drizzle in the grapeseed and olive oils.
If you do not have a blender with an access hole, you can make the dressing by hand. Combine everything but the oils in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Continue whisking vigorously as you drizzle in the oil. Adding the oil slowly in this manner will help prevent the dressing from separating.
This dressing is wonderful on most any salad, but it’s particularly enjoyable on a salad that combines fresh greens, sliced cucumbers, a few berries, some red onion, and some of our dehydrated macadamia nuts. You can even use it as a marinade or sauce for your grilled shish kabobs.
Visit Hawaii’s Local Buzz to learn more about our raw honey from Hawaii. It’s free from all preservatives, and it’s expertly blended by the bees — not by humans. We take care to produce the highest quality honey possible, never heating or pasteurizing it.