Do you use honey regularly? If not, you should be. Honey is an amazing sweetener, and most of us have a couple of favorite ways to use it. But honey is more versatile than you might think.
Here are 5 delicious ways to eat raw honey from Hawaii every day. Your palate and your body will thank you!
- A dollop in your tea. Teas are good for the mind, body and soul, and a dollop of honey makes them even better. Or you can skip the tea entirely and sip hot water, fresh lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey to soothe a sore throat. The bright citrus notes in our Spring blend honey make it perfect for tea!
- Add it to your morning coffee. Tea isn’t the only hot beverage that tastes better with honey. Try adding honey in place of sugar in your morning coffee. Keep in mind that honey is sweeter than sugar teaspoon for teaspoon, so start out smaller and add more until you find the right balance. Our Winter blend is a nice complement to the bitterness of coffee.
- As a super-healthy snack. Slice up some apples (or pears) and dip the slices in honey before eating to get all the health benefits of both honey and fruit in every delicious bite! You could even use our Lychee honey for a unique flavor combination.
- Substitute honey for sugar in recipes. You can use honey in place of sugar in almost every type of recipe from salad dressings to baked goods. In most cases, you will want to substitute 1/2 the quantity of honey to sugar, so 1 cup of sugar would mean a 1/2 cup of honey.
- Honey butter. On cornbread, muffins, a thick slice of whole-grain toast – need we continue? Honey butter is so delicious, especially with our Paradise blend.
Get in touch with Hawaii’s Local Buzz and add raw honey from Hawaii to your daily routine.