The next time you have guests over to visit, or simply feel like indulging your own cravings, make this drool-worthy macadamia nut recipe. The chewy meringue combines with crunchy nuts and sweet caramel to leave your mouth in awe after every bite. Use high-quality coffee and macadamia nuts from Hawaii’s Local Buzz to create this luscious treat.
The ingredients you’ll need for the meringue are:
- 3 egg whites
- 9 ounces super-fine sugar (aka “caster” sugar)
- 5 ounces muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon of extremely strong espresso — use our Hawaii’s Local Buzz Dark Roast coffee for the espresso
For the filling, you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 ounces of high-quality dark chocolate
- 2 ounces strong espresso
- 7 ounces of heavy cream
- 3 ounces of our Caramel Crunch macadamia nuts
Follow these steps to create your masterpiece:
- While your oven is preheating to 225F, simmer water in a double-boiler. Then, add the egg whites, caster, and muscovado sugar to the top of the double boiler, and stir constantly until the sugar forms a syrup. If any grainy sugar remains, keep heating and stirring until it’s dissolved.
- When the sugar is dissolved, stir in the teaspoon of espresso.
- Remove the bowl from the double-boiler, and use a hand mixer to whip the egg and sugar mixture on high speed for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the meringue onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Form it into a circle that’s about 10 inches wide, with a depression in the center.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours.
- Whip the cream and espresso, and spread it over the meringue. Top with the caramel crunch, and enjoy.