Seasonal berries are so juicy and flavorful, it’s hard to imagine making them any better. This breakfast recipe achieves the seemingly impossible by combining berries with honey and oatmeal. It’s one of the most delicious things to cook with honey, and it makes enough for 6 people.
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups organic skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raw, unfiltered honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups of berries (mix raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries together as desired)
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine the oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir gently to combine, and then set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine the eggs, milk, honey, vanilla and butter. Whisk by hand until the mixture is frothy.
- Spread 1 cup of the berries into a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. Then, sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the berries.
- Pour the wet mixture over the oats, and the top the dish with the remaining berries.
- Layer the chopped pecans on top of the berries.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 375 F. The dish should look solidified and golden brown. Serve as desired.
This is one of many delicious things to cook with honey from Hawaii’s Local Buzz. Our unfiltered, natural honey is also delicious when used to make honey-glazed ham, a smooth and spreadable honey butter, and any other sweet treat you can dream up.
Visit Hawaii’s Local Buzz to learn more about our honey and order some for yourself. Our blends vary throughout the year as the seasonal flowers change.