Are your looking for the perfect dessert that’ll make your friends beg you for the recipe? Something that is just perfect for a summer party? Well how about our spin on a recipe for chocolate-covered apricots that uses gourmet macadamia nuts. These nuts are delicious and nutritious – with high levels of good-for-you fats so you can indulge without guilt.
You can take your culinary expertise a step further by using some of our sweet-flavored macadamia nut options, such as Vanilla Crunch, to send your dessert tasters over the edge.
Here’s the delicious recipe:
Chocolate Covered Apricots with Crushed Macadamia Nuts
- ¼ cup Hawaii’s Local Buzz Vanilla Crunch macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Approximately 48 pieces of un-sulphured dried apricots (or dried pineapple for a sweeter tropical variation)
- Put the mac nuts in the food processer and process them until they are finely ground but not powdered. Put them on a flat plate or cutting board and set them aside. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Create a double boiler for the chocolate chips (you can use the microwave but you need to melt carefully!). Add the almond extract and melt them until smooth.
- Dip apricots in the melted chocolate (cover each one about half-way). Then dip them in the ground mac nuts. You must work quickly so the chocolate remains liquefied. Warm it up a bit if it starts to harden.
- Lay them on the parchment paper-covered baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Once the chocolate is hardened, they can be moved to an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Contact Hawaii’s Local Buzz to order your macadamia nuts and start experimenting. Please share your idea for using mac nuts in the comment box below.